200707 bounty recovery ufo

July 7


  The person who lives at the corner has a wild garden and it spills through the hedge, pretty and profuse. In the field there are wild black raspberries. I checked on them yesterday - another week maybe. I never get used to the "gift harvest" that ripens around us. An old apple tree, gone wild, makes apples, free for people and creatures to eat. 
  July is my favorite month, being the most summerish.
  
I had a breakthrough at last with my mosaic (I was stalled), and I found my footing again in time and space. Things resolved slowly over a day and a night and a bit more day. I decided that if I still felt weird Monday I would get a Covid 19 test! That helped me get through Sunday. On Monday I was able to move ahead with my sea-log work and spent much of the day sanding the wood. Now I am laying the background mosaic in blue. Of the strange unease I felt I know little. It remains a hazy island of hot days. 

  Last week, K and I saw a UFO. At least, we couldn't identify it. It looked and sounded strange and big, and as it passed behind a tree a falling star trailed across the sky and burned out. 


Vague is itself the vaguest word


Comments