240315 sometimes you just have to get drunk or get your hair permed.

 March 15, 2024

It's one of those days. I can't wait until tomorrow, I have to get a perm today. It's like when you need to get a new piercing, or, perhaps for the tattoo person, it's that. 

I have not stopped to look at this before, this "do it now" obsession that grabs you. It has to do with stress, for sure. But what makes it a magic bullet? (What kind of a ghastly expression is that?!) Magic may be involved, yes - a spell to change the water, to cleanse the well. But not a simple spell, this has to be a physical thing, like a bonfire. Burning something, changing an element - from wood to heat. 

*****

I find these temporary waters interesting; the stream that runs across the middle field, this pond that forms for several months of the year. It is partly that, as mundane as they are, in the middle of a city hydro field, they are nevertheless, somehow still magical waters. 



Each spring I see young duck couples hanging out in these ponds. Are they aware that it's just a camping spot on the way to a permanent nest, or are they considering it as a possible nest site? 


*****

Today's salad: I prepared it this morning, when I had the "spoons". I packed some to take to K, who doesn't ever get salads at the hospitals. A better wife would do this more often than I manage to!



*****

The perm: It came out very well. I went to a new hair place and was very pleased.

Today has been better than some lately. It was a treat to be pampered, at the hair salon. I had a healthy food day, too. K was feeling better. One day at a time, being present. 

Mumma Yaga

Something is eating my crocuses! More blossomed today, but it's nice if something is eating them for survival.

Comments

  1. It is important to pamper yourself. This is a sound and welcome advice Look Good Feel Better also gives you during make-up sessions. And, believe me, after a Stage 4 cancer, a touch of lipstick and a puff of colour on your cheeks is wonderful. Happy Easter 🐇

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment