210728 hummingbird moth not a lost hat

july 28

This is not a lost hat, though wouldn't it be spectacular!







Today's bouquet is proving very popular:









Then: "That is one tiny hummingbird!", I thought. But it's not a bird, it's a moth! The hummingbird moth. I saw one once in Dorset, UK, surreal then, and now. It is a sign ...




... of something. 

*****

In the afternoon I took the "camp road" that goes past our neighbour to the north and then to a "camp" much higher up. It is easier path for a second (convalescent) walk. I came across a ghost pipe, we once knew it as an Indian pipe, but ghost is better on so many levels, not least of which is its haunting appearance.




I cut back through the meadow and came across these three insects feeding on a white meadowsweet clump. The two waspy ones came face to face around a corner and there was a little altercation. The moth carried on, unconcerned.


 
*****

Last week when I had a couple of good days, I finished my second "Estrie" mosaic, with locally sourced brokens donated by two lovely friends. A very friendly woman actually dropped off her broken angels on her way to her cottage. The China dishes, which were made to match the angels were a donation from a friperie, the owner is so kind to take the time to save me her broken things. The mirror I picked up for a dollar or two at a frip.



Keep well. Take it easy. As the song says, "Don't let the sound of your own wheels make you crazy."


Mumma Yaga

This morning, early: the clouds crawled up from the valley.



* Take It Easy,  Jackson Browne and Glenn Frey, Released by The Eagles, 1972.

 

Comments

  1. Woah that moth is glorious! And huge! Your bouquets are undoubtedly popular; the flowers are so colourful and inviting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment